A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
~Yoko Ono

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Mea Very Culpa ... Estate Planning

You know it's bad when ...

Even I can't believe that I have only posted once since February. And this after promising to post on Nova Scotia's new guardianship representation legislation for the past seven months.

Hence: Mea Very Culpa

When it comes to the promised post(s) about the new Adult Capacity and Decision-Making Act, in my defence, there's a fair bit to digest there and the fact that takes time is somewhat problematic, especially when you have actual client files demanding your attention. That being said, I am working on a representation application at the moment and once I have walked through the process myself, I will be in a much better position to pass on what you need to know.

I'm happy to say that I have done a fair bit of work on the new Nova Scotia  Legal Representation Kit, but that, too, will benefit from having actual practical experience with the new legislation to work from.

In the interim, to appease the masses and remind you that proper "estate planning" involves more than just a Will, I offer you this quick reference estate planning chart courtesy of the Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia (a highly-recommended resource lovingly known as LISNS).






No comments: