Purpose: To assist Nova Scotians with a disability in their pursuit of post-secondary studies.
Awards - Eight scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 each are available for the academic year beginning September 2008.
Conditions To be considered, scholarship candidates must:
· Be a person with a permanent disability. 'Permanent Disability' means a limitation that restricts the ability of a person to perform the activities necessary to participate in educational activities or in the labour force within the range considered normal. This limitation is expected to remain with the person for life.
· Be a permanent resident of Nova Scotia
· Be entering or continuing studies in a Canadian post-secondary institution that is recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
· Not be involved in the selection process or be a close family member of any scholarship selection committee member.
Criteria The applications of candidates meeting the above considerations will be forwarded to the selection committee. Applications are weighed on a number of factors including:
· Community involvement
· Extra-curricular activities
· Reaction to obstacles
· Academic performance
· Educational goals and direction
For more info and application form, click here
A committee of the Nova Scotia League for Equal OpportunitiesSuite 1211, 5251 Duke St., Halifax, NS B3J 1P3 (P) 902- 424-6920 (F) 902- 444-3059Email: email@example.com